ASHA Awards 2016
Distinguished Services to Sexual Health: Professor Basil Donovan
This award recognises distinguished and visionary leadership and outstanding contribution to the field of sexual health, both nationally and internationally.
Mid-Career Multi-Disciplinary Achiever Award: Dr Peter Saxton
This award recognises an outstanding mid-career interdisciplinary achiever in an area of sexual health. This person must clearly demonstrate:
- Outstanding achievement in the last 12 months as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Leadership in an interdisciplinary approach to the field of sexual health and the patients and staff who exist within it
- Advocacy in an interdisciplinary approach to the field of sexual health and the patients and staff who exist within it
ASHA Young Clinical Leader Award: Dr Jason Ong
This award is to recognise an outstanding Young Leader working in an area of Sexual Health. There are a number of criteria to be met and these are that the awardee:
- Must motivate and inspire the people around them to accomplish more than they would normally,
- Must inspire a high level of commitment from others when taking on new initiatives.
- Must Create a compelling vision for the future and help others understand their role in achieving the vision.
- Must Set a high standard of integrity by leading through example